Based in Brisbane, Australia
Quarter One, 2018
Damsel is a fast paced, single player, arcade platformer set in a dark cartoon world with a pumping synth soundtrack! Play as Damsel, a government agent saving the world from well dressed, corporate, vampires. Use Damsel's speed and agility to perfect each run, racking up high scores and combos by pulling off tricky maneuvers in over a dozen environments.
Damsel is the first major game from Screwtape Studios. After releasing several mobile titles, the team decided that bigger screen gaming is where their hearts lie. We set out to create a platformer that would trigger our nostalgia for the classic PC action games we played growing up, and in the process have created something that is at once uniquely our own, but with a visible, comforting, DNA.
- Super fast, frantic gameplay with that "just one more go!" feel.
- Quick, nimble platforming in over a dozen environments.
- Use your enemies and environment to your advantage. Let them take each other out, but don't let their stray bullets hit a hostage!
- Rack up massive scores and hit the top of the leaderboards by completing bonus challenges and performing tricky moves.
- Play through the game in either campaign mode, where you can hone your skills, or arcade mode - a classic challenge that sorts the women from the girls.
Gameplay Video YouTube
- "The first thing you notice with Damsel is the art and animation. It is smooth, it is fluid and it is beautiful."
- Josh Ennor, OK Games
- "The game is a Valhalla for speed running fans and completionists..."
- William Thompson, Hooked On Games
- "OK Games video Interview at PAX Australia 2016"
- OK Games, YouTube
- "Pixel Sift Video Interview from PAX Australia 2016"
- Pixel Sift, YouTube
- "GeekMom Preview"
- Evil Genius Mum, GeekDad
Grab the most recent demo of Damsel here damselgame.net.
About Screwtape Studios
Screwtape Studios is a small studio with big ambition. After a number of years developing mobile titles, we're now making our debut PC/Console game, Damsel. We strive to create immersive, engaging, challenging entertainment for video game veterans and newcomers alike.
More information on Screwtape Studios, our logo & relevant media are available here.