Based in Brisbane, Australia
October 19, 2018
Cause distress in this challenging fast-paced action platformer. Experience a dark cartoon world come to life as frenetic gameplay meets comic book visuals and storytelling. Dash through beautiful arenas vanquishing vampires, rescuing hostages, disarming bombs, hacking servers and much more.
Damsel is the first major game from Screwtape Studios. After releasing several mobile titles, the team decided that bigger screen gaming is where their hearts lie. We set out to create a platformer that would trigger our nostalgia for the classic PC action games we played growing up, and in the process have created something that is at once uniquely our own, but with a visible, comforting, DNA.
- Classic Arcade Vibe Bite sized gameplay that’ll make you say “Just one more go” (although you said that a few tries ago…)
- Comic Book Campaign Learn the secrets of Red Mist and put a stop to their evil plans.
- Competitive Arcade Leaderboards Master your abilities by perfecting your runs and become the top agent.
- Chill Out Time Chillout mode lets you take the edge off and enjoy the game without worrying about pesky things like dying.
- Extra challenge modes For the discerning slayer, take the difficulty up a notch!
- Pumping Synth Soundtrack Gothic grooves to slay too!
Gameplay Video YouTube
- "The first thing you notice with Damsel is the art and animation. It is smooth, it is fluid and it is beautiful."
- Josh Ennor, OK Games
- "The game is a Valhalla for speed running fans and completionists..."
- William Thompson, Hooked On Games
- "OK Games video Interview at PAX Australia 2016"
- OK Games, YouTube
- "Pixel Sift Video Interview from PAX Australia 2016"
- Pixel Sift, YouTube
- "GeekMom Preview"
- Evil Genius Mum, GeekDad
About Screwtape Studios
Screwtape Studios is a small studio with big ambition. After a number of years developing mobile titles, we're now making our debut PC/Console game, Damsel. We strive to create immersive, engaging, challenging entertainment for video game veterans and newcomers alike.
More information on Screwtape Studios, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Marketing and Community Management